I’ve made it my goal for this year to do 100 performances in as short of a period as possible.
Speaking realistically, this will probably take me about a year to do.
If I lived in a larger market like NY or LA, I could probably do it in a few months, but since I live in Baltimore and must maintain a full time job (that I have a hard enough time waking up for when I’m not out all hours of the night doing comedy, much less when I act like an adult and go to bed early) I will be limited to just a few weekly and monthly open mics. I’ve done the math and this will be totally possible to accomplish if I can do at least two shows a week… so far I’m doing pretty good.
Performance outlets so far are:
(I’ll probably make these more detailed eventually so they will serve as a resource for other comics looking for time)
- Sidebar Open Mic – Weekly – Mondays – Show Up Sign Up = 1 performance per week
- Ole White Ladies Open Mic on Baker Street (a few blocks away from Sherlock Holmes’ house) – Weekly – Tuesdays – Show Up Sign Up = 1 performance per week
- Drink Till We’re Funny – Weekly – Sundays – Pre-Sign Up = 1 performance per month/2 or 3 months (depending)
- Cocoa Lane Comedy – Weekly- Wednesdays – Pre-Sign Up = 1 or 2 shows per month depending on how the dice are cast
- Red House Tavern – Weekly – Wednesdays – Pre-Sign Up = 1 or 2 shows per month depending on how the dice are cast
- “42-A night of Comedy @ Yellow Sign Theatre” – Monthly – Show Up Sign Up = 1 performance per month
- Magoobys New Talent Night – Monthly – Pre-Sign Up (competition) = 1 or 2 shows depending on how I do
- Comedy Factory “B-More’s Funniest – Who knows when this happens – 1 or 2 shows depending on how I do
- Various showcases and booked shows that will inevitably come along because of my prolific performance effort
- Color Me Funny Series (they book like 4 rooms)
- Super Comedy
- Countless others…
Well anyways, this is going to happen.
As of this writing, I’m on track with about 22 shows in the bag so far.
We’ll see how it goes from here, wish me luck..
Oh here’s the video of Louie Anderson which got me fired up to do this: